|Name/Version:||Roland Juno Alpha Control 1.41|
|Description:||Juno Alpha Control is a M4L bidirectionnal interface to control your Roland Juno Alpha directly in Ableton Live.
It features feedback on the M4L device when you change the preset on your Juno giving you the preset's name and the value of each parameters.
(should also works with Juno 2 and MKS-50 but I didn't try)
TO MAKE IT RUN PROPERLY, PLEASE READ BELOW
(Steps 4 to 6 only the first time you use it) :
1.- Connect Juno's MIDI In and Out to your MIDI interface
2.- Active "MIDI Excl" on your Juno by pressing "MIDI" button six times and change the value to "ON" with the dial.
3.- Put the .amxd file on a MIDI track in Live and set the MIDI output to go to your Juno MIDI IN.
4.- Edit and unfreeze the device to get acess to the file called Juno_Alpha_Router_In_Out.maxpat
(should be located in your Max files path :
/Max/Max for Live Devices/Juno Alpha Control Project/patchers)
5.- Close the unfreezed device and quit Max.
6.- Delete the M4L device on your track and re-put it again.
7.- Open Juno_Alpha_Router_In_Out.maxpat file with Max Runtime (we need this to make a Sysex bridge over Ableton who filters those messages.)
8.- Set the MIDI Input and Output of the Juno_Alpha_Router :
MIDI out should be set to send data your Juno MIDI input
MIDI in should be set to receive data from your Juno MIDI output
When you change paramaters or preset on your Juno, the MIDI In Led should blink.
When you change parameters on the M4L device, the MIDI out Led should blink
If nothing appear, close the Router and quit Max, delete the device on your track.
Try again by starting the Router first and the putting the device again on your track.
- To save a preset, SHIFT+click on a circle on the right
- Morph between two presets, enter the two presets that you want to morph (number box on the top right) and move the morph dial.
Annotations help in Live (push SHIFT+?)
- Have fun with it, please, if you use it, rate it, or make a donation if you want ;-) Thank you !
Check my others Device :
- ADSR Attack fixed.
- Fix UI bug for ADSR parameters, DCO's menus and Chorus rate when recalling presets
- Add "Rand" button to randomize parameters.
- Fix UI bug "PWM Rate" and "PW / PWM Depth" when you browse for the waveforms "PULSE" and "SAW" with variable pulses.
- GUI changes
- Add Waveform detail picture. Click the vertical "DCO" label on the DCO section to open it.
The Juno Bank box number no longer displays non-existent preset on Juno ending in 0 or 9.
- Fix Preset A & B range from 1 to 20.
- Enable Pattrstorage Parameter Mode to save parameters with a Live set.
- Menus for DCO, Sub, Pulse, Saw and env. mode menus now display text pending a solution to display icons waveform.
- New parameter names for better lisibility with Push
- Access Juno Presets directly from the device.
- Add portamento feature.
- Add panic button.
- Add preset automation.
- Feedback to the device when you change. parameters from the Juno with the Alpha Dial.
- Fix bugs.
- Help annotations in Ableton Live for preset section (MAJ+?).
/!\ IMPORTANT /!\ :
Please use the new Juno_Alpha_Router_In_Out bridge. Edit and unfreeze the device to access it, see above for details.
|Tags||synth, utility, hardware|
|Live Version Used:||9.1.6|
|Max Version Used:||6.1.8|
|Date Added:||Oct 16 2014 07:15:21|
|Date Last Updated:||Apr 18 2017 14:20:15|
|Average Rating (4)||5|
|Rate this device:||(must be logged in to rate devices login)|
|License (more info):||AttributionNonCommercial|
|Device File:||Juno Alpha Control.amxd|
Login to comment on this device.[ browse device library ]