|Name/Version:||Plinko for Monomod .94|
|Description:||Quick tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5RwIkh5hDw
Plinko is a generative probability based sequencer patch for Monomod. It encompasses some of the same ideas and functionality as software like noatikl, nodal, and hexatone for the iphone.
It is currently in beta, but is fully functional. It requires that you use it in conjunction with Monomod or Monomod Simple. It's also a good idea to download Nomeout, as this provides a better routing system (to circumvent Live's MIDI channelizing limitations).
General instructions are provided with the plugin, and there is a video on youtube that might help a bit. As time permits and new features are added, better instructions will follow.
video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CP7t_sfpBg
Monomod is here: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/edit.php?id=310
Monomod Simple is here: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=324
Update 061710 b92:
- Rewrote the main process in pure Max. You can now run Plinko really fast, and use multiple instances. I did some major retooling, and have found the current version to be very stable so far.
- There are two new buttons on the right hand side. One defers the Launchpad/iPad display output into the low priorty queue. This will help if you are running out of headroom, but will probably provide unpredictable results when trying to edit Monomod patches with the control surface. The other is a "display slow" button, which will scale the rate at which the control surface is refreshed to a lower setting as the speed at which Plinko operates is increased. Effectively, both these options are for trouble shooting, and you should be able to leave them both off unless you are running a really slow machine.
- I ammended the pattr system so that parameters are maintained in between sessions. There are still some little bugs here and there, but its working much better.
- Monomod channels are now 1-8 instead of 0-7.
Update 062210 b921:
- Updated pattrstorage so that Plinko now stores and recalls multiple presets in each plugin instance both when using preset device storage as well as between saving and opening Live sets.
b93 @ 071510: updated GUI, added new timing engine, swing bypass, modified preset storage.
b931 @ 071910: fixed restart bug, fixed problem with channel number not working (?!)
b94 @ 090610: fixed a few little things, pattr storage and recall should work again. Added autodetections system, compliant with monomodular b94.
|Tags||drum, sequencer, glitch, other|
|Live Version Used:||8.1.5|
|Max Version Used:|
|Rate this device:||(must be logged in to rate devices login)|
|License (more info):||AttributionNonCommercialShareAlike|
Login to comment on this device.[ browse device library ]